Are you looking to showcase your talent, connect with a huge audience, and have a blast while doing it? Look no further than TikTok, which is a global phenomenon on social media. Going live is a good approach to interact with your audience in a real-time and build a robust online presence on TikTok. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of going live on TikTok and how to use filters before you go live so, you can start broadcasting your creativity and capturing the hearts of viewers around the globe.
How to go live on TikTok on phone?
To go live on TikTok by using your phone, follow these steps:
- Click on the TikTok app on your phone's home screen and tap to open it. Make sure you're logged in to your TikTok account.
- You will find a "+" button at the bottom center on the apps main screen. Just tap on it to access the camera screen to create your TikTok content.
- Now, swipe the screen to the right to switch from the default "Record" mode to the "Live" mode.
- Before going live, you have the option to add a title to your live session. You can also use the features like filters, beauty effects, and comments, depending on your preferences to make yourself more beautiful.
- Now you can start your live session, just tap on the "Go Live" button. It will take few seconds to begin.
- While you're live, you can interact with your viewers by reading and responding to comments. TikTok provides various features like hearts, stickers, and filters that you can use to enhance your live experience and engage with your audience on a deeper level.
- To end your live session, tap the "X" button located at the top right corner of the screen. After this your live session will come to a close.
How to go live on TikTok on computer?
Going live of mobile phone isn’t the only way to stream the videos, you can also use your PC to go live. There are two ways to broadcast live streaming on PC or laptops:
- Restream Studio and RTMP
- TikTok Live Studio
These methods are not available for all TikTok users because not all the users have access of live streaming on TikTok even if you have more than 1000 followers.
Creators choose to go live on PC because it’s easier for them to manage the content on laptops which they want to show. Gaming content is the best example of this.
Read Also: 6 Important Tips to Stay Compliant on TikTok
How To Use Filters and Effects on TikTok Before You Go Live?
It is easy for you to use TikTok filters and effects before going Live. You can choose the effect that best suits you. Now you can make yourself beautiful before everyone sees you on your live-streaming video. Follow these steps to use filters before going Live on TikTok.
Go To the Live Option on TikTok
Open the TikTok app and click on the option “+”. Now tap on Live on TikTok from your TikTok account to have one-on-one interaction with your followers in real time.
Click On Enhance
Now click on the option "enhance" from the left-hand side of your screen. It is indicated by a magical pencil icon. As we discussed already that by using this tool you can enhance your Face, Smooth, and Eyes. You can adjust the enhancements according to your needs.
Tap On Effects
You can choose the best filter and effect that suits you by clicking on the effects option located on the right-hand side of your screen.
After choosing the best effect and enhancing your facial features before going live, you can press the big red “Go LIVE” button at the bottom of the screen and interact with your followers.
How many followers do you need to go live on TikTok?
The number of followers is another TikTok restriction for live streaming. So, how many followers are required to go live on TikTok? TikTok does not allow creators to go live with less than 1000 followers. Due to this restriction, creators need to build a strong audience to use TikTok live, and only then can they actually meet their viewers in person.
In conclusion, TikTok introduced the live feature for content creators. So, they can go live to stream their videos and showcase their talent to engage the audience. They can use effects and filters to make yourself and your environment look more attractive while going Live on TikTok. This live feature is only for those who are over the age of 16 and have 1,000 followers. TikTok enable this privacy to keep the platform safe for everyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I go live on TikTok?
You can’t go live on TikTok because of the two reasons one is the limitation of the age and other one is the number of followers. You can use TikTok live only if you are older than 16 and have at least 1000 followers on your page.
When is the best time to go live on TikTok?
There is not a specific time to go live. Always check your page insights and see when your audience is the most active in the day.
Can you join someone else’s TikTok live?
Ideally, it’s a best plan to Collab with another creator unforgettable moments on TikTok. You don’t have to be worry if you haven’t prepared in advance. You can make your live more entertaining by joining the others live session. For this, request other users to join the live streaming. There, you’ll find an icon of two smiling faces. Tap this to send your join request.