TikTok is the most famous app among the netizens these days. A survey conducted in 2021 showed that people spend more than 850 hours per month on the app. With more than 3 billion installations, TikTok has become the star of social media.
Sometimes the app might not download on your device, which can be aggravating. But don’t worry, as always we are here to save the day. Just read the entire article and we will tell you how you can download TikTok without any issues.
Reasons why you can’t download TikTok on your device
There is a chance that TikTok is banned in your country. The ban is imposed by governments as they fear the app might endanger user-sensitive data.
It all comes down to China and paranoia. Many countries are trying to impose a ban on the famous app as it is owned by a Chinese company, ByteDance. Government and lawmakers are afraid that TikTok might put user-sensitive data in the hands of the Chinese government. Lawmakers justify the ban on TikTok by stating that China might use TikTok for intelligence-gathering operations.
Issues with your Google Play Store and Apple store might hinder the download of the app.
What to do if I can’t download TikTok through the app store?
There is a slight possibility that when you were trying to download the app, the TikTok administration was upgrading it or trying to relaunch it. In such cases, you might need a third-party website to download TikTok.
We will share a few options for you to download TikTok so bear with us.
Check if the time zone and date are automatically enabled
There is a possibility that certain settings on your phone are not allowing you to download TikTok. If so:
- Go to settings on your phone.
- From settings, find system operations.
- Got to date and time.
- Check if your “Automatic date and time” is enabled, if not, you should enable it.
- Afterwards, check if the time zone is automatically enabled. Enable it if it isn’t.
- When you’re done with the previous steps, go to the app store and download TikTok.
Clear app store cache and storage
If option 1 didn’t work for you, try option 2.
- Open your phone and go to settings.
- Then open apps and locate Google Play Store.
- Once you find it, go to storage and clear the cache.
- Afterwards, clear storage, press OK, and restart your phone.
- Go to the app store and try downloading the app.
Sign out and in your Google account
If the above options don’t work for you, and you are using an Android phone you can follow the steps listed below to get TikTok.
- Go to settings and open an account.
- From there select your Google account and remove it.
- Close settings and go to Google Play Store.
- Sign into your account and download TikTok.
Check internet connection
Make sure that your internet is working perfectly, and the connection is strong. Check the speed of your internet through fast.com or other websites. Make sure you have internet data available and haven’t exhausted it.
Restart your device
Sometimes the simple way is the right way, try restarting your device to download TikTok. To do that follow the steps listed below:
- Press and hold the power button on your device for the power menu to appear.
- Tap “Restart” from the power menu.
- Wait for a few minutes for your device to restart and then try downloading the TikTok app.
If your device software isn’t updated, an underlying bug might hinder the download of TikTok. So, update your device by following a few easy steps:
- Open settings and go to general.
- From there tap on software update. Check if it is available and click on update.
- Wait for your device to update. Once done, try downloading the app.
TikTok download through VPN
If TikTok is available in your country but you can’t find it on the app store, try downloading it through VPN.
- First of all, download a free or paid VPN.
- Afterwards, connect your server to some other region and download TikTok.
- If you already have VPN, disable it and try to download the app through Play Store.
What to do if TikTok is banned in your country
If your country has imposed a ban on TikTok, you can try sideloading the app.
- First, download the TikTok APK file from a trusted source and beware of malicious sites.
- Once downloaded, go to settings, and enable the option to download apps from unknown sources.
- Afterwards, use a file manager to open the TikTok APK file and install it.
For more TikTok-related queries, please read: Fixing TikTok Download Errors: A Comprehensive Guide.
Frequently asked questions
What should I do if my TikTok app won’t work due to a slow internet connection?
If your TikTok app won’t work due to slow internet, consider switching to TikTok lite. You can use it even if your internet is slow. If you want more information on TikTok Lite check out: TikTok Lite Download: A Lightweight Alternative.
What is the age requirement to sign up for TikTok?
If you want to make an account on TikTok you must be older than 13.